I’m sure that almost everyone out there knows what Twilight Saga is. For those who don’t, it is this major book series written by Stephenie Meyer which later turned into a major movie series. That vampire guy and the weird human girl? Yeah, that’s the one.
Most of the people out there have been simply bewitched by the series and can’t just seem to stop talking about what a great romance it is. Okay I admit. I used to be in that boat too but believe me that was way before I did some serious growing up and realized how stupid almost every romance novel is. So these are some of the reasons as to why i started to dislike the series so much.
5. Okay let’s just get to the point. As a general, romances are stupid. I don’t even understand why people seem to like them so much. Romance being a part of a thriller, science fiction or a fantasy book, great, but the other way around where those are just a part of a romance, not so much.
4. There is not enough action! To make a book readable the plot should be interesting. For instance, take Dan Brown novels. We have no idea about what would happen in the end and the plot is so interesting that most of the time you’re reading it with your eyes wide and jaw dropped. You can’t possibly say the same about Twilight because nothing worth of jaw dropping actually happens in the book. The plot is so predictable.
3. Over protective boyfriend. Yeah yeah I know he’s so goody good and does all that for the best and all but how a girl can stand such a boyfriend, I have no idea. The female is always depicted as a helpless creature who always needs to be saved by her bad-ass vampire boyfriend. It is because of these kinds of books that men get the wrong impression that women are weak creatures who need to be saved by them all the time. How stupid is that? Take Hunger Games for example. Katniss, Peeta and Gale, they save each other. Katniss is never depicted as the weak one. In fact she is the strong one. Now that is what a story should be.
2. NO ONE DIES!!!! Well at least only the bad guys die and miraculously all the good guys are saved. The story is about these super dangerous creatures like vampires and werewolves but no, no one dies. They fight evil revenge-driven vampires whose sole wish is to kill them and yet no one dies. In series like the song of ice and fire, even those who we consider the safest die but no, not in Twilight.
1. You know what I can’t stand the most about Twilight Saga? The ‘perfect happy’ ending. A happy ending, okay, but a PERFECT happy ending, no way! The vampire and the human marry and then they have this amazing baby and vampires and werewolves become the best buddies. Seriously that is too much. Just.too.much.
Nevertheless, I still think that Stephenie Meyer is a great author though. There’s no denying the fact that she can write. She made a book with one of the stupidest plots a bestseller. Let’s just cross our fingers and wish that she’ll put her amazing talent into use in a book with a better plot than Twilight.